• Workshop is already finished.

    Registration fee
    Regular Free
    Student Free

Passports and Visas

Every person entering Japan must have a valid passport. In addition, one coming from a certain country must have a visa issued by a Japanese consulate in his/her country. Please be aware that in some cases it takes more than one month to obtain a visa. For details, please inquire at the Japanese Embassy or consulate. Useful website: http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/index.html

Those who need the official documents for visa application, please click the following URL and fill out the application form (registration number is required.)

Visa Document Application: yamada@endomoribu.shinshu-u.ac.jp(ICST Secretary: Mayumi Yamada)

Currency Exchange

Only Japanese yen is acceptable at stores and restaurants. You can exchange money at the airport, foreign exchange banks, and other authorized exchanges upon presentation of your passport.

Electrical Appliances

Japan operates on 100 volts for electrical appliances. The frequency is 60 Hz in Nagano, and 50 Hz in eastern Japan including Tokyo


There is no custom of tipping in Japan. Instead, at places such as restaurants, bars and hotels a 10% service charge is usually added to your bill.